To view the full contents of this free document, simply agree to the terms and conditions to the right and click 'Download'.
Case Number: TBC
Between: SARAH LONDON (Applicant) and HAVISHAM STORAGE PLC (Respondent)
- - -
GROUNDS OF CLAIM
1. The Claimant commenced her employment with the Respondent on 19 August 2009 as a caretaker. She worked 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday (inclusive) 7:30am to 3:30pm. The Claimant’s hourly rate of pay was £6.23.
2. The Claimant was dismissed on 11 November 2013 after four years of service working for the Respondent at York House, Manchester Road, Manchester, XX1 8NJ.
3. The Respondent operates a storage business.
4. The Claimant is disabled by virtue of section 6 of the Equality Act 2010. The Respondent is aware that the Claimant suffers from a number of medical conditions, one of which is coeliac disease. As a result of this condition, the Claimant is often required to go to a toilet for some time to evacuate her bowels. The Claimant will say that whilst she worked for the Respondent she was ridiculed for suffering from her medical condition.
UNFAIR DISMISSAL and DISCRIMINATION
5. The Respondent verbally informed the Claimant on 10 th November 2013 that they wished to have a meeting with her the next day on 11 th November 2013. The Claimant was unaware of the reason for this meeting and no explanation was given to her at the time.
6. On 11 th November 2013, the Claimant attended the meeting. John York, Human Resources Manager and another manager called Phillip attended the meeting on behalf of the Respondent. John York handed a letter of dismissal to the Claimant
... continued in document download