Victoria is an employment law solicitor helping both businesses and individuals with complex employment matters.
Victoria has over 15 years’ experience as a specialist employment solicitor and joined Truth Legal in December 2018.
Originally from Cumbria she studied law at the University of Birmingham before joining leading Birmingham law firm, Wragge & Co (now Gowling WLG LLP). She has worked as a specialist employment solicitor for Pinsent Mason, Mills & Reeve and more recently, for over six years, with Harrogate law firm Raworths.
Throughout her career she has advised across the full spectrum of employment law issues, supporting a broad range of clients including blue-chip corporations, NHS Trusts, SMEs, charitable organisations and a broad range of individuals.
Her main aims as your employment adviser are firstly, to get to know you, the problems you face and your ultimate goals; and secondly, to provide straight-talking, clear answers to help you meet your legal obligations, understand your rights and make fully informed decisions about your future and your business.
Victoria provides a supportive and accessible approach to find the right solution for you or your business. She successfully combines an in-depth knowledge of employment law and people management, together with practical and commercial advice based on a wealth of experience.
- Associate Employment Lawyer – Raworths LLP
- Associate Employment Lawyer – Mills & Reeve
- Employment Lawyer & Training Advisor – Pinsent Masons
- Employment Lawyer – Wragge, Lawrence, Graham & Co
- University of Birmingham – Bachelor of Law (LLB)
- Chester College of Law
The following are examples of the areas where Victoria can advise and support you from start to finish:
- Understanding employment status
- Drafting high quality contracts of employment, consultancy agreements, staff handbooks, policies and procedures
- Drafting enforceable restrictive covenants
- Understanding working-time and holiday pay rights and obligations
- Complying with family friendly rights including maternity, paternity, adoption and flexible working
- Managing sickness absence, stress at work and rights relating to disabilities
- Providing and accessing equal opportunities including: discrimination law compliance, work-place bullying and harassment and social media regulation
- Proper handling of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Proper handling of whistleblowing issues
- Managing redundancies and changes to terms and conditions of employment
- TUPE compliance associated with business transfers and outsourcing
- Making and defending unfair and wrongful dismissal claims including ACAS conciliation, representation in Tribunal and negotiated settlement agreements.
Victoria is also experienced and adept in providing bespoke workplace training and seminars on topical and problematic areas of employment law including: performance management, stress in the workplace, supporting disabled staff, business reorganisations, employee vs self-employed and making your best case in the Employment Tribunal.