Injuries caused by tripping or slipping are all too common. If you have been injured and it was somebody else’s fault you could be entitled to compensation.

If you were injured in a public area, such as in a supermarket or in a bank, you can make a claim on their insurance. This also applies to council-owned property such as footpaths or highways. Common examples include slipping on pools of liquid or tripping on potholes.

You can also make a claim if you were injured in private property such as someone’s home or private land, provided that you can prove the owner or occupier was at fault.

A claim can be made against your employer if you were injured at work and it wasn’t your fault. This could be caused by such things as tripping over cables or slipping on wet floors. Click here to find out more.

If you have had an accident, you should gather all the evidence, in particular, you should take photographs of the defect from different angles and take contact details for all the witnesses. This is because you have to prove that the accident was somebody else’s fault.

The other side is usually at fault if they knew about a potential hazard and failed to act in a reasonable amount of time. A common example is if a pothole had been reported to the council, but the council does not repair it, or put up warnings, and you were subsequently injured by it.

If you have been injured and it wasn’t your fault, please contact us to discuss the matter on an no-obligation basis.

Book a consultation

Book a consultation with a Truth Legal personal injury expert