Buying a house is stressful at the best of times. Similarly, buying commercial property can have an enormous impact on the fortunes of your business. So if you’ve instructed a surveyor to assess the property you’re buying, it’s vital that they carry out their professional duties correctly – no matter what kind of property it is.
If you have relied on a surveyor, and they have made mistakes in carrying out their obligations, you could be entitled to compensation where their errors have caused you financial loss.
Truth Legal can help you to right the wrongs you have encountered. We have specialist expertise in professional negligence claims and experience in bringing claims against surveyors. And our first-class legal service has earned us excellent client reviews on Trustpilot and reviewsolicitors.
Get in touch with us today to discuss your circumstances.
Examples of surveyor professional negligence
There are many kinds of mistake by a surveyor which could result in you losing money. But some of the most common examples include:
- Missing a defect which would affect the value of the property (such as subsidence, dry rot, or issues with the building’s construction)
- Identifying a defect but failing to attach appropriate significance to it
- Ignoring findings which suggest further investigation or action is required to properly survey the property
- Over-valuing the property so that you end up paying significantly more for it than current market value
If you would like some more detail on the ways in which a surveyor could be professionally negligent, read our blog about it here.
Surveyor professional negligence FAQ
Why should I claim with Truth Legal?
Professional negligence claims against surveyors can be complicated, particularly when it comes to establishing that a surveyor’s conduct has fallen below the required standards.
Truth Legal’s specialist professional negligence solicitors can help you to overcome these challenges. We will handle your claim with skill, care, and tenacity, so that you have the best possible chances of holding your surveyor accountable and recovering compensation.
- A free initial consultation – to discuss your circumstances.
- Specialist technical knowledge and experience – so you can rest assured that your case is in the best hands.
- Practical advice – tailored to your situation.
- Strong representation – fighting for the compensation and outcome you deserve.
- Support and compassion – friendly, knowledgeable professionals on your side through a difficult time.