If you have tried to make an employment law claim against your employer, but your lawyers’ mishandling, mistakes, or bad advice have caused you to lose out financially, you may be able to claim compensation from those lawyers for their professional negligence.
Few events can unsettle your life in the same way as legal difficulties with your employer. Whether it concerns unfair dismissal, discrimination, redundancy, or another kind of employment law dispute, the upheaval and uncertainty can be highly distressing.
But this can be made even worse if you’ve instructed lawyers – whom you believed would help you – and their mistakes have undermined your chances to recover the compensation you deserve.
Truth Legal can help
Truth Legal’s professional negligence solicitors can help you to hold your original lawyers accountable for the losses they’ve caused you. We work closely with our own employment law team, so we can expertly assess the actions that your former lawyers took, or should have taken.
You might be reluctant to trust another law firm after your experiences, but our solicitors go above and beyond to merit the faith our clients place in us. Just read some of our excellent Trustpilot and reviewsolicitors reviews to see how we deliver on our commitments.
To discuss your situation, get in touch with us today.
What might indicate that my employment claim was handled negligently?
There are many situations which might indicate professional negligence by your employment lawyers. These include situations where your lawyers:
- Missed your claim’s limitation date, preventing you from making the claim
- Did not file key documents with the Employment Tribunal in time
- Gave you incorrect or careless advice on any aspect of your claim
- Under-valued your claim
- Settled your claim for significantly less than it was worth
- Made mistakes when drafting crucial documents – such as a Settlement Agreement, for example
- Did not take, or ignored, your instructions on a key part of the claim
If your employment lawyers made any of the above mistakes, and this caused you financial loss, or reduced an anticipated financial gain, then you will have a strong basis for a professional negligence claim against them.
Employment claim professional negligence FAQ
Why should I claim with Truth Legal?
Professional negligence claims against employment lawyers can be complicated, particularly when it comes to assessing the conduct of your former lawyers and whether they have failed in their duty of care. It is often something they will dispute strenuously.
As such, your choice of solicitors when seeking negligence compensation is crucial. It’s also why the expertise, tenacity, and attention to detail of Truth Legal’s professional negligence solicitors can make all the difference to your claim. Supported by our experienced employment law team, our solicitors can help you to secure the redress that was originally denied to you.
- A free initial consultation – to discuss your circumstances.
- Specialist technical knowledge and experience – so you can rest assured that your case is in the best hands.
- Practical advice – tailored to your situation.
- Strong representation – fighting for the compensation and outcome you deserve.
- Support and compassion – friendly, knowledgeable professionals on your side through a difficult time.