We all want to make sure that our loved ones are taken care of in their later years. If your loved one requires ongoing care, you want them to be as comfortable as possible.
Yet we can’t always guarantee they will receive this. If your loved one has suffered an injury in a care home, Truth Legal are here to support you in making a claim for compensation.
Injury risk in care homes
The unfortunate truth is that not all care homes provide an adequate level of care.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) conducts regular reviews of care and nursing homes. From their findings, it would appear that significant proportions of homes are still failing to provide reasonable levels of safety, supervision, and care for their residents.
They attribute this in part to the difficulties posed by a growing and ageing population and the current economic climate.
In the words of the CQC:
“The fragility of the adult social care market is now beginning to impact both on the people who rely on these services and on the performance of NHS care.”
Such circumstances can easily put residents’ health, or even lives, at risk. Some examples include:
- Mistakes with medication or prescriptions
- Injuries from falls or careless handling
- Inattentive care of residents’ nutrition or hydration
- Physical or emotional abuse
- Inadequate supervision of residents, potentially leading to a resident becoming confused, distressed, or even wandering out of the home
- Pressure sores or other injuries resulting from immobility
All of these are nightmare situations, if you have entrusted your loved one into the care of others.
Care Home Reports
Read our latest care home reports.
Care home injury claims FAQ
Why should I claim through Truth Legal?
Choosing your legal representatives when making a claim is an important decision. You want to be assured of their experience and expertise, but they must also be people you can trust.
At Truth Legal, our team of qualified and experienced solicitors have the abilities to recover the compensation you deserve. We offer:
- Free initial consultations – giving you time to speak to us about your case without any cost or obligation
- Specialist technical knowledge and experience – so you can rest assured that your case is in the best hands.
- Practical advice – tailored to your situation.
- Strong representation – fighting for the compensation and outcome you deserve.
- Support and compassion – friendly, knowledgeable professionals on your side through a difficult time.
We act for clients nationwide, though we are based in Harrogate, Hull and Leeds, with a presence in York, Manchester and London but we service clients nationally.
If you’d like to know more about claiming with us, read our blog: