If you have suffered loss as a result of a mistake made by an immigration advisor, you may be able to make a compensation claim against them.
Unfortunately, mistakes made by immigration advisors are common. Immigration law changes all the time, and if immigration advisors don’t keep their knowledge up to date it can easily lead to mistakes when they provide their advice or services. And these mistakes can have a devastating effect on many parts of your life.
Truth Legal can help you to hold these immigration advisors to account. Through our assistance, you can recover compensation for the losses which their negligence has caused you.
Our specialist professional negligence solicitors are supported by Truth Legal’s highly experienced immigration law team, so we are able to expertly assess how your former immigration advisors handled your case, and build your professional negligence claim on strong foundations.
Get in touch with us today to discuss your circumstances.
Common mistakes made by immigration advisors
Mistakes in immigration cases can happen for a variety of reasons. Many immigration advisors are simply not up to speed on the latest law and procedural requirements. Often case work is delegated to junior staff without adequate supervision. Sometimes advisors are overworked and cannot devote enough time to your case.
However, none of this excuses the fact that a mistake has happened. Immigration advisors are under professional obligations to act in your best interests and to carry out their duties with reasonable care and skill, no matter the circumstances.
Some examples of immigration advisor mistakes include:
- Failing to submit a visa extension application in time
- Providing incorrect immigration advice which you subsequently relied on
- Failing to provide important supporting evidence
- Applying on the wrong immigration route
- Failing to advise on suitable avenues of redress following a refusal, such as administrative review, appeal, or judicial review
In order to have a claim for professional negligence against your immigration advisor, it is essential to show that their mistakes have caused you financial loss.
This can take many forms, but some of the most common examples of financial loss in immigration professional negligence cases are:
- Loss of earnings – due to not having the necessary immigration status or right to work
- The costs of duplicate or unnecessary Home Office fees and immigration advice
- Travel costs or accommodation
- Costs incurred by family members
Immigration advisor professional negligence FAQ
Why Truth Legal
We understand that suing an immigration advisor can seem daunting. But at Truth Legal we will handle the claim on your behalf so you do not need to deal directly with your previous immigration advisor.
We are ideally placed to secure a just outcome for you – we offer a first-class legal service which has earned us excellent client reviews on Trustpilot and reviewsolicitors – and we are one of the few firms in the country to have both a dedicated professional negligence team and an immigration team.
This means that, unlike other firms which offer a more generalised professional negligence service, we can drill down on the fine detail of immigration law and practice. We can pinpoint the precise nature of an advisor’s mistakes and robustly secure compensation for you.
- A free initial consultation – to discuss your circumstances.
- Specialist technical knowledge and experience – so you can rest assured that your case is in the best hands.
- Practical advice – tailored to your situation.
- Strong representation – fighting for the compensation and outcome you deserve.
- Support and compassion – friendly, knowledgeable professionals on your side through a difficult time.
Read our popular article about Professional Negligence by Immigration Advisors.