If mistakes by your trade union have caused you financial losses in an employment dispute, you may be able to make a professional negligence claim against them.
Employment disputes can be bewildering, and having the support of your trade union can be a great help. But if your trade union makes mistakes, or their help is provided without the appropriate care or skill, it can end up doing more harm than good – and you could lose out financially.
If this has happened to you, it is important to look into your legal rights to compensation.
Truth Legal is ideally equipped to help you. We have specialist expertise in professional negligence claims and our solicitors work closely with our employment law team, who can provide an expert assessment of the actions your trade union took (or should have taken).
Get in touch with us today to see how we can help you.
Examples of trade union professional negligence
There are a number of ways in which a trade union representative could be negligent. Some common mistakes are:
- Giving bad legal advice (or bad advice which had the appearance of legal advice)
- Missing deadlines and timescales in employment tribunal actions
- Failing to take or follow your instructions
Trade union professional negligence FAQ
Why should I claim with Truth Legal?
Truth Legal has teams of solicitors with a wealth of experience in both professional negligence law and employment law. This means you can be assured of comprehensive legal support when holding your trade union to account.
Our experts pride themselves on providing a top-quality legal service and receive exceptional reviews from our clients on Trustpilot and reviewsolicitors.
- A free initial consultation – to discuss your circumstances.
- Specialist technical knowledge and experience – so you can rest assured that your case is in the best hands.
- Practical advice – tailored to your situation.
- Strong representation – fighting for the compensation and outcome you deserve.
- Support and compassion – friendly, knowledgeable professionals on your side through a difficult time.