On Tuesday 3rd March, our Head of Immigration, Louis MacWilliam, was invited along to Leeds University to give a talk to their international students about work-based visas after they graduate. The talk was part of the University Global Careers Month.
Louis spoke to the students at length about their various options for working in the UK after graduating. He explained that there are 2 routes for international students:
- Find a job where you can be sponsored to apply for a Tier 2 visa
- Obtain a visa in another immigration category
The workshop gave students practical advice on Tier 2 visa sponsorship and important information when considering visa options.
During the session, Louis also covered a series of alternative immigration routes that may be of interest to the students including:
- The new ‘Graduate Route’ visa
- Tier 1 Exceptional Talent
- Tier 1 Investor or the new Start-Up and Innovator routes
- EU citizens’ rights and Brexit
- Visas based on having a British partner or family member
- British citizenship
- The new UK immigration system which is set to be introduced.