Mirek is a Legal Assistant at Truth Legal. He helps with claims for accident or sickness compensation, as well as matters related to employment law.
Mirek speaks fluent English, although his native language is Polish. He has been providing legal advice to Poles in Britain since 2008.
Mirek started working at Truth Legal in 2014, quickly gaining experience in all areas of the law including claims for accidents at work, claims after traffic accidents, cases related to hearing loss due to staying in noisy environments and claims of asthma resulting from work.
In addition, Mirek gained experience in the field of employment law, working on many cases referred to the Employment Tribunal. Before joining Truth Legal, Mirek worked for trade union members. Mirek also worked at an immigration law office.
Mirek has been living in the UK since 2002. He earned his living working as a construction worker, cook, decorator, painter, travel agent, insurance agent, electrician’s assistant, repaired mobile phones, worked in the production hall as a warehouse worker, was an English teacher, trade union representative, to name only some professions. Such extensive experience helps him to better understand the problems of clients that they experience in their workplaces.
Privately, Mirek is engaged. He lives in Wakefield with his fiancée and son. In his free time he likes to deepen his knowledge in the field of social sciences – philosophy, history, law, economics and politics. Caring for your physical condition is also important – Mirek regularly exercises calisthenics (a method involving strength training based on exercises using your own body weight). Currently, two topics that he is passionate about in particular are: unconditional basic income for all citizens (universal income) and the development of effective learning and memory methods. Also, if time permits, Mirek likes to cook for his family.
- 2014 – CILEX level 3 (in progress)
- 2012 – GCSE in English with a B grade
- 2010 – Open University Certificate in the field of Social Sciences
- 2007 – Microsoft Computer Technician
- 2003 – General English at Malvern House Colege in London
- 2002 – Post-secondary School in the field of Economics
- 1998 – Electronics technology
Expert knowledge in the fields of:
- Workplace accidents
- Road accidents
- Unlawful dismissal
- Forced departure from work (constructive dismissal)
- Workplace discrimination
- Negotiations through ACAS
- Other matters related to employment law
- As above. From 2014 at Truth Legal
Membership in professional organisations:
- Member of CILEX (Institute of Legal Advisors)